Reincarnation of a Blog.
Sunday, August 05, 2007

 

So we shifted to our new house, which will be our home for the next as many years we want . The building is not complete. There are only 2 more families apart from us who have moved in. The lift isn’t working. We don’t like the paper guy who is the official paperwala assigned by the builder. We have carpenter working in the hall. The house is always dirty. The kitchen is in mess, we haven’t had a single decent meal since we shifted. It will be a month , till we are able to invite friends over for dinner or that house warming party both of us have been planning to have way , before we even bought this house. N seems to be obsessed with the interior, he is always talking of the curtain rods , colour of the laminate , the toilet fixture etc. we are still to have any other conversation apart from all that. There is a school next to our house and kids make so much of noise , that I wake up with a start every morning at 7 am. We have slums view apartment ( yes, it is a concept in Bombay) , there is a open drain next to it ( but mercifully, it has running water and it doesn’t smell).
But I am happy.
For the first time I have a house with balconies.. small but balconies all the same . I have hills to look at from them … I have to lean a little and see a bit of them , but they are hills and they are visible ..
And for the first time we are living on a higher floor than first (as to why only on first floor! that’s another story for another day , involving ma , my astrological chart and a pandit). I am able to ignore the slums down below. I can now spend the whole afternoon with the laptop, next to the window , in t shirts and shorts , disheveled hair , without worrying about someone prying into my bedroom. The windows are open all the time now. I can see the sky.

I think I will be happy here ..
mere hisse ka aasman .....
meri doooooor ki vadiyan :)) -


On a totally different note ,since we don’t have cable, I seem to have more hours in the day. Earlier I never realized where the day went watching tv the whole afternoon, now I have found time. I am reading , soaking my feet in warm water, listening to music , going for long walks (albeit to get away from carpenter’s khat phat) .

Comments:
Sanguine ji....Congrats!!! Hope we are invited for the party!!! :)

Enjoy Maddi....
 
Home Sweet Home. Congratulations, once again.

House is like a kid. I mean the kind of attention, love we give to it.

Hope you get good neighbours( I mean not the slum ones) :-)
 
woo. finally! which floor are you on?
 
Yay! I hope to have my own someday... As for now, it is hopping from on rented apt. to another... *sigh*
 
Come on Sanguine, don't be so complaining, buying a house that too in metro like Mumbai is not a child's (even mature's) play.

I hope you remember 'Gharondha' :)

So congratulations to both of you and hope this is gonna very lucky for you.

PS. Views are beautiful and yes have you moved far away from Panday ji??
 
Here's wishing you and N happy days, beautiful memories, love and warmth in your new home.
It is a pleasant feeling, Sanguineji.
And delay the cable connection further.

Sending good wishes your way.
 
Sanguine, CONGRATS! :-)

Despite all the complaining, im sure u'll miss all the ruckus.

PS: When's the housewarming pardy?!
 
By the bye, Im glad ur updating the Blog...got a pleasant surprise today :) but do be regular!
 
Hi,there,Sanguineji...wow.New place mubarak ho..give it time,and all will settle down,the carpenter will go,the paper guy will be a better guy,et al.:)have a grrrt weekend.
 
Congrats. Hearty congrats. Boss, apna ghar is apna ghar. Buildings bhi kaafi door-door hain. Hills bhi hain. Aur kya mangta?
 
After reading this post, I feel the latest post might not be about a baby. Congratulations!It is not easy to buy a flat at Mumbai.

Forget Mumbai, I am not sure when I am going to have my own or if I'll ever have one.
 
is it in powai. i lived in powai for sometime, some time back, near SM Shetty school, a building called shiv bhagtani manor. i was in love with the place. :) ...still miss it.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
oh ya i do .. i am addicted to bloggin .. i take breaks ..real long ones .. and then am back .

My Photo
Name:
Location: Mumbai, India

“One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.” so i intend to write the words. again . here. with honesty. for myself.

Daily Cartoon provided by Bravenet 

SHOUT HERE

 

I READ

ARCHIVES

November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 May 2008 June 2008


Powered by Blogger Fans on the page
Get free counter at Cgi2yoU.com